HCI 2018 is the 19th in a series of International Conferences on the Physics of Highly Charged Ions.
In recent years, the field of highly charged ions has experienced a promising evolution, originating both from bold progress in theory and significant advances in experimental techniques.
The Lisbon HCI 2018 conference aims at bringing together experimentalists and theoreticians from a wide range of fields:
- Fundamental Aspects, Structure and Spectroscopy
- Collisions with Electrons, Ions, Atoms and Molecules
- Interaction with Clusters, Surfaces and Solids
- Interactions with Photons and Plasmas
- Strong Field and Ultrafast Processes
- Production, Experimental Developments and Applications
There will be no parallel sessions.
Ample space for posters close to the main conference hall is available.
The organizers have provided assurance that the 19th International Conference on the Physics of Highly Charged Ions (HCI 2018) will be conducted in accordance with IUPAP principles as stated in the ICSU-Document "Universality of Science" (sixth edition, 1989) regarding the free circulation of scientists for international purposes. In particular, no bona fide scientist will be excluded from participation on the grounds of national origin, nationality, or political considerations unrelated to science.